WHO WE ARE
- The primary school of Shirakatsy Lyceum has PYP candidate school status and pretends on becoming an authorized IB school.
- We provide continuous education for children aged 2 – 10.
- There is a library, a dance hall, a gymnasium, a canteen, a laundry, a first- aid room, rooms for rest. Soon there’s going to be a comfortable playground.
- Classrooms are equipped with school furniture relevant to physiological peculiarities of every child. There are not more than 14 pupils in each group.
- Teachers and specialists are selected on the basis of competitive examinations results. They always take part in different trainings and improve their professional skills.
HOW WE ORGANISE OURSELVES
- School day starts at 8:45 am and is over at 4:00 pm. After-school activities are over at 5:30 pm.
- Classes begin at 9:00 am. Each class lasts 40 minutes.
- Learners accompanied by teachers come and go to school by comfortable school vans.
- There are breakfast, dinner and snack breaks during the day.
HOW SCHOOL WORKS
- The main aim of school is to shape someone who is knowledgeable, reflective, cooperative, caring, open-minded, self-organised, an inquirer, a risk taker, a thinker, a communicator.
- To achieve this purpose research work is carried out covering 6 transdisciplinary themes:
- Who we are.
- Where we are in time and place.
- How we express ourselves.
- How the world works.
- How we organize ourselves.
- Sharing the planet
- Subjects taught at school are: Armenian, Maths, Me and The Surrounding World, Russian, English or any other foreign language, Art, Music, Sport, Craft, Dancing, Swimming and Chess.
- Psychological centre at school deals with learners’ psychological condition. Psychologists cooperate with teachers and parents as well.
- Speech therapy centre deals with learners ‘dyslexic problems.
- Everyone learns at school: learners, teachers, parents. They cooperate perfectly.
- Parents’ community always supports school and contributes to its improvement.
HOW WE EXPRESS OURSELVES
- There are different kinds of after-school activities: Art , Chess, Piano, Dancing, Karate, Swimming, Puppet Making Club. Learners themselves choose which club to join.
- Learners perform their knowledge and skills organizing different kinds of festive events, exhibitions and celebrating national holidays.
- Outstanding people and professionals often visit school.
- Thanks to various excursions learners are able to discover many interesting things and improve their research skills.
WHERE WE ARE IN TIME AND PLACE
- Primary school was founded in 1998 starting with only 14 learners. Now it is a complete institution with pre-school groups and grades 1-4.
Hakob Hakobyan 1, Yerevan, RA
Mushegh Galshoyan 15, Nor Nork 5th massiv, Yerevan , RA
Telephone: (+3741) 66 82 81, 64 57 05, 077 640128, 077 640121